Due to the success of last year’s Tibetan Immersion in Ladakh, we’re happy to offer the program again THIS summer, 2017!
Summer holidays generally coincide with Dharamsala’s rainy season; in order to avoid the clouds, enjoy the sun, and provide a unique immersion environment, Esukhia is proud to announce that our 2017 Summer program will again take place in Ladakh.
- Full Immersion Classes
- 1:1 teacher:student ratio
- Classes 5 days/wk. including LUNCH
- Esukhia material & audio recordings will be provided
- Students will stay with a local family in Choglamsar, within walking distance of classroom site
- Breakfast & dinner will be provided (excluding Sunday)
- Cultural Programs, Excursions, & Logistics including:
- Teacher accompanied “Tibetan Only” excursions every Saturday to site such as; Leh Market, monasteries in Ladakh (such as Hemis, Thiksey, and/or Shey), Khardung La, etc…
- Airport Pickup / Drop-off in Ladakh
- Other Administrative & Organizational Costs
See the program’s Policies & Procedures for full details of what is included in the program fee.
What is immersion?
Esukhia’s Summer in Ladakh program is geared toward intensive, cultural immersion with the goal of rapidly improving language proficiency. And culturally, linguistically, and environmentally, Ladakh—also known as “Little Tibet”—is as Tibetan as India gets!
Students will receive 1:1 tuition in a Tibetan-only environment—where student and teacher alike make an explicit, formal promise to speak only Tibetan. This Tibetan Language Oath ensures progress in speaking, listening, reading, and writing; like riding a bike, these language skills actually come from practice, not study.
To compliment your language practice, accommodation is provided by host families. By expanding your cultural exposure to your home life, you’ll be participating in the shared story of the community of the Tibetan Buddhist peoples.
Immersion students progress quickly: beginners can expect to gain a full CEFR level every 4 weeks!
- Fill out a registration form & await confirmation that space is available
- You will receive an email confirmation with instructions for submitting your 200 EURO reservation fee
- You must send the reservation fee within 72 hours of receiving the confirmation email, otherwise we may no longer be able to guarantee your space.
- 1st month: June 4 – July 2
- 2nd month: July 2 – July 30
- 3rd month: July 30 – Aug 27
*Students interested in 1st program should come prepared with warmer clothes. Ladakh displays conditions much harsher that the rest of India. Please come prepared for rugged conditions; this document Welcome to Ladakh provides some important considerations and details on what to expect.
Book for more than one month and SAVE:
- Book for two months, and pay 955 EURO per month
- Book for all three months, and pay just 885 EURO per month
All returning students** are entitled to a 5% reduction of the program fee!
Compare our rates…..
- For classroom ESL programs ($3,000/month minimum all-in) and $75/hr for 1:1
- On Booking.com or Agoda.com (non-immersion environments, meals not included)
* Details of the program are subject to change & availability; Ladakh is a rugged and somewhat undeveloped place, please come prepared!
** Returning student refers to participants of last year’s Ladakh summer program, as well as any student of Esukhia who has studied full immersion continuously for 3 months, or a min. of 850 immersion or online hours (equivalent to approx. 6 months of full immersion).